2021 Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 Training

What do you have planned? What are your goals and expectations?

My simple goal is to get back on track. I was doing good last year. Started experimenting with heart rate zone training and finished a 10K training plan based on that. Felt pretty good going into Pecos and kept up with the running after that event. Then winter hit and I've slacked off, again.

I’m back doing boot camps M-W-F and then new E-Gym at the Y on T-Th-S. Need to throw in a run or 2 also.

Comment

Man I’m slacking sooo bad. I’ll prolly do 5K.
      “I will not comply”

Comment

I hope to be able to walk, again

Hurt my back, last January. Was off work for 7 months. Was trying to get my walking distance back. Was up to 2 miles and picking up pace. Then, broke my foot, week before Christmas. Maybe in march, i can work on starting a routine.

Good luck to all, this RnG has the makings of an Arctic wonderland. (Special ordered by Lurker)
        " most of the people you come across are good people. Those others are why you have a .45 and a shotgun. " Wyatt Earp

Comment

I took up bourbon sipping to improve my mental preparedness.

Comment

• Lurker66
            Lurker66 commented
            Editing a comment
            Brandy is where it’s at.

• Hi-Point Bobby
            Hi-Point Bobby commented
            Editing a comment
            I am not gonna take lifestyle advice from a dude that is on his well.... I can’t list all of it but you know, stroke, heart thing, nut thing, third bout with covid and who knows what else.

• Lurker66
            Lurker66 commented
            Editing a comment
            Why not, makes ya tuff, look at me, all that shit and i can still do a RNG.

I am staying on a program for the most part. I have not been running as much because it sucks to do on the street during lunch break. But I still manage to get one in and in most cases two per week and two to three bike rides. So maybe 20-30 miles on a bike and 4-8 miles on foot a week. I had to run in the dark last night but I got one in.

I need to shoot more for damn sure.

Comment

Finally got back on some weight training too...everything hurts today.

Comment

This Covid thing jacked me up. I tried making it to highway n back(3miles), made it a little over halfway...took almost 45 minutes. I can make it but I’m gonna be slow.
              “I will not comply”

Comment

• turkeyrun
                turkeyrun commented
                Editing a comment
                Speed don't matter, it is finishing that counts
            Working...
            X