WTF Arkansas Mountain Biathlon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF Arkansas Mountain Biathlon

Tickets for our May 30 event in Arkansas are currently on sale. Kevin has found a mountain we can use near Paris, Arkansas, so we're taking the WTF format on the road! Be sure to read all the rules and procedures in the BIATHLON section of our website, as all that stuff will remain in effect and rules will be strictly enforced.

https://www.wtfbiathlon.com/arkansas

Date: May 30, 2020. ​Location: Humphrey's Farm, 2928 Shaver Rd, Paris, Arkansas. Camping is permitted on site and nearby.​

Basic Stats: The course will be approximately 6 to 7 miles long, and there will be 7 to 8 shooting stages. Many of the physical aspects of WTF that everyone has come to know and love will be included, so there's a high likelihood of a Wall, some tubes to crawl through, and other physically demanding elements.

Round Count and COF: We are really far from a COF at this point. General goal is to have a minimum of 75 Rifle and 40 Pistol rounds. ​

Please spread the word about this event to your shooting buddies in Arkansas and the surrounding states. This is a great opportunity to welcome some new people into the WTF family!

In!!!

Comment

Ditto!

Comment

I can’t wait. I hear they have the best snakes and ticks in Arkansas.

Comment

I hear there's a trophy for the best sister/brother team.

Comment

• Hi-Point Bobby
            Hi-Point Bobby commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah they were gonna do a cousins category but said it was already done in Texas.

• Tedkennedy
            Tedkennedy commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahhahaha.......

I knew you couldn't hold on to that forever.

• Hi-Point Bobby
            Hi-Point Bobby commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't hold on to much anymore. It weighs the soul down.

HPB, didn’t you do the Texas version of this? What was max distance? Thinking about taking smaller barreled AR due to obstacles.

Comment

• Hi-Point Bobby
            Hi-Point Bobby commented
            Editing a comment
            I did last spring. I DQed both long range rifle stages. One stage I just wasn’t quick enough. It had some 100 yard off hand head shots of a dude in an car window.

The second one I DQed was similar to the rifle mans quarter mile at Pawnee. But you shot from an elevated platform. Prone position. Six targets one hit each I think. Might have been two hots each. 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500. I never hit the last one. I am trying to think but I believe the distances were unknown. That last was way out there. That was the one where it poured rain and hailed on us and wrecked my Votex PST 1-6. Very sad day all around. Still fun as hell though.

Everything would still be Do able with an SBR just might have to practice a little at distance.

WTF Dan May chime back in with an idea on what kind of distances they will have.

Everything is still in development, but we estimate the longest shot we can get will be about 500 yards. Likely shooting downhill. We do plan on replicating some of the more notable WTF obstacles as well. I really hope it doesn't rain for this one...

Comment

• turkeyrun
            turkeyrun commented
            Editing a comment
            Snow would be a lot better
        Working...
        X