Long term storage foods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long term storage foods?

Other than military MRE’s. What other flavors/mfg’s have you gents and gals tasted?
    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may know peace.
    Thomas Paine 1776

You have me confused with a man that puts up with women's shit!

Can’t beat beans n rice, flat breads, corn pon/Johnny cakes.
    “I will not comply”

Comment

Wut he sed

we have rice, beans, pasta, powdered milk, instant potatoes, oatmeal, peanut butter, flour, corn meal, sugar, coffee, can goods
      " most of the people you come across are good people. Those others are why you have a .45 and a shotgun. " Wyatt Earp

Comment

• Lurker66
        Lurker66 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same. Was buying little jars of canned beef, seen one that had mold in it, nope tossed it out.

• turkeyrun
        turkeyrun commented
        Editing a comment
        Blech!

Wif makes up qt Mason jars of pot roast, pork roast and chicken legs. When she catches a good sale.

We will have them when we are busy and she doesn't have time to cook.

We have had some that were over a year old and were good.

We have some wheat berries, rice, beans, salt and sugar put up for long term. Also a few buckets of freeze dried stuff. Then I'll just start eating the neighbors' pets.

Comment

• turkeyrun
        turkeyrun commented
        Editing a comment
        Then, the neighbors

• SMS
        SMS commented
        Editing a comment
        Man, that would be tough. Most of 'em are old. Probably have to smoke 'em for a long time.

This seems apropos.

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month. -- Theodore Roosevelt

[A]ll the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no." — Rorschach, Watchmen

If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. -- Red Adair

She was no cook--she was an arsonist. -- Alfred Hitchcock

Comment

...and this one...
        If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month. -- Theodore Roosevelt

[A]ll the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no." — Rorschach, Watchmen

If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. -- Red Adair

Comment

...and this one, too...

Comment

Yer kinda I’ll.
            “I will not comply”

Comment

• turkeyrun
              turkeyrun commented
              Editing a comment
              I concur

LoL

The best long term storage method
            " most of the people you come across are good people. Those others are why you have a .45 and a shotgun. " Wyatt Earp

Comment

• Lurker66
              Lurker66 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep. I got 3 chickens, I’m good.
          Working...
          X