Fixed power hunting scopes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed power hunting scopes

Anybody got any thoughts on a fixed power hunting scope for small rifle. I would like to have a 4 power maybe a 6 at most. Weaver used to make a nice one but it looks like they have since been discontinued. I don't need exposed turrets or anything like that. It is for a rifle that wont shoot over a 150 yards.

BSA, Simmons, Tasco, Redfield, etc., all make good 4x scopes, at reasonable prices, for short range. A plain-jane 6x (non-target) may be a little harder to find. Check out eBay.
    "Never argue with someone who is stupid, they will just bring you down to their level of stupid and then beat you with their experience with being stupid." - Mark Twain
    NRA Life Member http://www.nra.org
    Ride Em' Cowboys! -- Oklahoma State #1

Comment

I had/have some old Weaver 4X that are my preference. But really for those ranges most will work. I put a Simmons on my BP recently that was on a 30-30 Handi. It served well on the 30-30, we’ll see on the 50 cal.

You might check Greybeards forum. That’s where I found most of the Weaver scopes I have.

Comment

A Weaver 3x or 4x show up for occasionally.
        I have a Taco 4x on a .22mag. Awesome squirrel gun.
        I "think", Burris still makes a good fixed power, at reasonable cost.

RWR like you, should spring for the Leupold 6x.
        " most of the people you come across are good people. Those others are why you have a .45 and a shotgun. " Wyatt Earp

Comment

Check over at rimfire central. They have an awesome scope marketplace.
        i use a 4x Leupold on my 300bo. I love fixed power scopes. I use several

Comment

• Lurker66
          Lurker66 commented
          Editing a comment
          Man I forgot bout rimfire central, ain’t been there in couple years.

Olfart sold me a 4570 handi rifle with a fixed power simmons. Its still on there and can hit anything on tricities long range no problemo. So thats another vote for simmons for me Click image for larger version

Name:	20170404_183641.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	2.89 MB
ID:	148145
        "The only difference between me and that old preacher is that he worked for God, and I *am* God!" MC Billy Sunday

Comment

• TOOF
          TOOF commented
          Editing a comment
          I remember that thing. The Russian
          I bought if off said ‘It’ll sure get the party started.’

• Eyecyou
          Eyecyou commented
          Editing a comment
          Seeing people grin when they land one of those big lead rounds on the 200yd gongs always makes a trip worthwhile

Post n crosshairs 2x fixed would be my choice...any if the vintage US/Japan/Germany.
        “I will not comply”

Comment

Working...
        X