Non permanent color fill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non permanent color fill

So I've never been scared to do my own gunsmithing. But a co worker asked if id ever color filled a gun before? Said he wasnt sure he wanted it to be permanent so I thought about the old nail polish technique. Then I got to surfin the youtube and found a fella doin it with a crayon!

So I took my own shield outta my pocket, grabbed a tire crayon from my tool box, a rag and some wd40. All ya do is press pretty firmly and rub the crayon in all directions till the voids are filled in. Then with some wd on a rag gently scrub around and over till all the excess comes off leaving the ingravings filled. This is the results..

Before (I did brake clean it first)

After

Now I'm not sayin this will hold up to much use. Infact I expect it'll come off first range trip. But this guys a shower more than a shooter so it could stay on there for years to come.
    "The only difference between me and that old preacher is that he worked for God, and I *am* God!" MC Billy Sunday

Looks as meh as I figured it would
    Last edited by Jwryan84; 11-25-2017, 10:09 AM.

Comment

That's not terrible. I've seen a LOT worse. zghorner

Comment

Originally posted by Dieselwrench View Post
        I had almost forgotten that abomination of an abomination. Thanks. Thanks a lot.
        If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month. -- Theodore Roosevelt

There's hardly anything some big ol' melons can't make better. -- Tedkennedy

If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. -- Red Adair

Comment

• Dieselwrench
          Dieselwrench commented
          Editing a comment
          You're welcome.

yall can piss off, the golden 34 is bad to the bone.
        "When I leave, come together like butt cheeks" - John Moses Browning

Comment

• Dieselwrench
          Dieselwrench commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad you see you still care about us.

One man's treasure another's trash? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Eyecyou View Post
          So I've never been scared to do my own gunsmithing. But a co worker asked if id ever color filled a gun before? Said he wasnt sure he wanted it to be permanent so I thought about the old nail polish technique. Then I got to surfin the youtube and found a fella doin it with a crayon!

So I took my own shield outta my pocket, grabbed a tire crayon from my tool box, a rag and some wd40. All ya do is press pretty firmly and rub the crayon in all directions till the voids are filled in. Then with some wd on a rag gently scrub around and over till all the excess comes off leaving the ingravings filled. This is the results..

Before (I did brake clean it first)

After

Now I'm not sayin this will hold up to much use. Infact I expect it'll come off first range trip. But this guys a shower more than a shooter so it could stay on there for years to come.
          I filled one in once with liquid gold...for a buddy. Then the SOB borrowed my $200 liquid gold bottle an dropped outa sight.

Someday Ima kick his ass.
          Live, Love and Laugh...

Comment

Originally posted by Dieselwrench View Post

Originally posted by zghorner View Post
            yall can piss off, the golden 34 is bad to the bone.

I have shot the Golden Orb. I'll never be the same. It tingles as you shoot it. It's as loose as 55 yr old whore, yet tight as a virgin all at the same time! It's kinda magical, especially at 150 ft and longer, it just hits what you look at. It's a bitch and sweetheart all in one.
            If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may know peace.
            Thomas Paine 1776

You have me confused with a man that puts up with women's shit!

Comment

I've just completed a deal with NASA where they agreed to place a few 1'x1' targets on the moon to provide somewhat of a challenge for the ol girl.
              "When I leave, come together like butt cheeks" - John Moses Browning

Comment

Working...
              X