Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OutbagsUSA

Anybody know anything about them ?
    I bought a yaqui type leather holster for OWB. Had to leave town for work the day after I got it so still not sure if I like it.
    Very stiff leather and molded to my CZ P01 very nicely. Seems to have good retention. Time will tell I suppose. It was cheap, and I know you get what you pay for.
    Tried to look at the holsters Sports World had but got pretty tired of trying to fight my way through the crowd so I went home and googled.

Yup, I'm a lefty.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200706_151116.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	411.9 KB
ID:	135253

Name:	Resized_20200706_151029.jpeg
Views:	64
Size:	503.2 KB
ID:	135254

Name:	Resized_20200706_151018.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	426.0 KB
ID:	135255
    The last to know

I have never heard of them. It looks like a decent holster though. You would thing they would have doubled up around the mouth. I would be interested in hearing how it holds up for you.

Comment

• turkeyrun
      turkeyrun commented
      Editing a comment
      I concur

Only problem I see is it looks like they made it bassackards. Maybe the pic got flipped?
      Holster looks good, but something just isn't right.

Affordable, quality, leather holster is always a great find.

• dan45
      dan45 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll have to look when I get back home, but I know some of their holsters are double leather around the top.
      Not sure about this one. can't remember.

Nope, just checked the website.
      Single leather around the top. Cured and hardened so I guess it will last as long as it lasts.
      Last edited by dan45; 07-09-2020, 08:07 AM.

From what I understand about the Yaqui slide type holster is they are friction fit and adjusted by tightening the belt. Jeff Cooper loved them but said they aren’t meant for reholstering under stress
    “I will not comply”

Comment

Well, so far so good, but I've only used this holster a few times. I find myself carrying my little LCP 380 in this warmer weather.
      This holster with the P-07 feels pretty comfortable and seems to hold the gun in pretty snug. Drew and reholstered a few times and no trouble so far.
      The last to know

Comment

Ok, so since im a lefty this thing sucks to put on. I have to hold the holster after threading my belt through the slots as I finish running my belt through my belt loops on my jeans.
        Once I'm strapped up the holster works, just a PITA to get ther .

Thinking about a paddle holster.
        Who makes a decent leather one?
        Not a fan of the plastic or kydex. They ugly.
        The last to know

Comment

• turkeyrun
          turkeyrun commented
          Editing a comment
          Versacarry

A friend of mine has a Safariland paddle holster that he's been using for at least 30 years. I have a similar one that I like, but I can't recall if it's a Safariland or a knock-off (I think it's probably not Safariland).

Someone is making leather over kydex, but I don't remember where I saw that. You might see if you can get ahold of Lneal and see if he's still making holsters, as he does really nice work.
        If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month. -- Theodore Roosevelt

[A]ll the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no." — Rorschach, Watchmen

If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. -- Red Adair

She was no cook--she was an arsonist. -- Alfred Hitchcock

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerP226 View Post
          A friend of mine has a Safariland paddle holster that he's been using for at least 30 years. I have a similar one that I like, but I can't recall if it's a Safariland or a knock-off (I think it's probably not Safariland).

Someone is making leather over kydex, but I don't remember where I saw that. You might see if you can get ahold of Lneal and see if he's still making holsters, as he does really nice work.

Neal built me a nice set fir my 75B, included a matching mag holder to! He does great work!
          If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may know peace.
          Thomas Paine 1776

You have me confused with a man that puts up with women's shit!

Comment

Ok thanks
            I'll check him out.
            The last to know

Comment

Working...
            X