Boolets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boolets

I had recently stated, in a different thread, that I had recently bought 1000 coated cast bullets from SNS Casting. TR raves about them and I thought I'd try them as other bullet sources are drying up.

Last night, just for sh*t and giggles, I looked at GunBroker to see what I could find. Well, low and behold, there was a guy in Bethany selling 1600 158-gr. SWC cast bullets sized to .358" and lubed, for $100 (that's 6 1/4ยข each!). The picture showed two boxes of - what looks like - commercially cast lead bullets. And nice ones, at that.

I'll post a picture of them once they arrive.
    "Never argue with someone who is stupid, they will just bring you down to their level of stupid and then beat you with their experience with being stupid." - Mark Twain
    NRA Life Member http://www.nra.org
    Ride Em' Cowboys! -- Oklahoma State #1

Awesome find
    " most of the people you come across are good people. Those others are why you have a .45 and a shotgun. " Wyatt Earp

Comment

• mtnboomer
      mtnboomer commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, just kinda stumbled on to it. Probably never see another deal like that.

• turkeyrun
      turkeyrun commented
      Editing a comment
      Barn find

I have stumbled onto a couple or 3.

Enjoy your luck

The bullets turned out to be Oregon Trail brand cast bullets. They were quite expensive if I remember correctly. Pics coming soon.
    "Never argue with someone who is stupid, they will just bring you down to their level of stupid and then beat you with their experience with being stupid." - Mark Twain

Comment

I had bought a box of Missouri bullets, $33 for 350.
      This morning is see a box ( on Armslist, GunBroker, something, ) of 200 lead, RN, .358 boolets for $62 + $25 shipping.

It be getting crazy, out there.
      " most of the people you come across are good people. Those others are why you have a .45 and a shotgun. " Wyatt Earp

Comment

I have several 5 gallon buckets of wheel weights and a few milk crates of one pound fluxed & clean bullet ready ingots. Hundreds and thousands of cast projectiles. My problem is finding time to go bury them in the backstop at the range.

Comment

• turkeyrun
          turkeyrun commented
          Editing a comment
          RWR problems

• TOOF
          TOOF commented
          Editing a comment
          First world entitlement.

Picture of my boolet buy...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oregon_Trail_bullets.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	621.1 KB
ID:	148937

Comment

• turkeyrun
          turkeyrun commented
          Editing a comment
          Outstanding

• TOOF
          TOOF commented
          Editing a comment
          Liberals
      Working...