X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Nick.
    “I will not comply”

Comment

Got a good run in on the lake trail last night. Cooler weather makes the runs a little easier, I had one of the best times in a long time. Got a few friends coming over this weekend for a night run on the Scrambler to prep for Cody's Twilight RnG coming up. Should be fun.

Comment

Weather was really nice today, so I decided to get a couple miles in.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Tedkennedy
          Tedkennedy commented
          Editing a comment
          That's awesome! I can't tell from the map, are you running up "the hill"?

• Cavedweller
          Cavedweller commented
          Editing a comment
          I ran down 97 hill, but ran up the hill on 166 off Frankhoma.

• Tedkennedy
          Tedkennedy commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang dude - you're tearin' it up! I ran at Kelly Lane Saturday - they've added about a mile of track off to the east pretty nice, makes the full loop about two miles.

Had a decent run last night at the lake. Last couple runs I've been hampered by a sore upper hamstring. Not sure why, probably just another sign of getting old. By the way, getting old sucks. One sure sign of aging is waking up in the morning, you get out of bed and something hurts, ankle, hip, knee, hamstring, and you're not sure why. You try to think back to what could have caused the pain but you come up empty. You sigh heavily, suck it up, take a couple Aleve and CM (that's Charlie Mike, or Continue the Mission).

Comment

• turkeyrun
          turkeyrun commented
          Editing a comment
          I concur

Waking up with a pain, let's me know I'm still alive.

• Lurker66
          Lurker66 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve been nursing some sciatic pain since sitting in stand during that cold snap a couple weeks ago. Back is fine but feels like I’m getting shot in left ass cheek.

• SMS
          SMS commented
          Editing a comment
          Time for you to hit some yoga Nick!

Been running on concrete mostly for the last month or two. Turkey kind of dried out, so I ran the Pink Saturday, ran it again yesterday. Definite difference between running sidewalks and trails...

Comment

• Hi-Point Bobby
          Hi-Point Bobby commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it is wet again. At least you got one in.

Disaster on the track last night!! A couple weeks ago, I had finished my run and noticed a soreness (pain) in my left upper hamstring. Didn't think much about it at the time, figured it was just old age and not stretching enough. Subsequent runs I noticed it getting worse. Last night, on my run at the lake, about the 3K mark, it started hurting pretty good, I thought I would tough it out and finish my 5K. Before the run was complete, I had serious pain in my upper left hamstring and a noticeable limp. Made it to the truck, drove home and just about couldn't get out of the truck, let alone walk. Made it in the house, took a double dose of Aleve and was able to sleep. Get up this morning and had a hard time getting out of bed. Got dressed and couldn't tie my shoe. Doubled up on Aleve again and now its barely tolerable. I'll rest it a few days and see that that works. In the meantime, any advice? (besides taking drugs).

Comment

• Tedkennedy
          Tedkennedy commented
          Editing a comment
          I pulled a hamstring about 5 years ago. Felt it when it happened. Took it easy for a while, I'd start running, and it would hurt considerably. When I finally went to the doc, he said to stretch it, and get back to running - the pain I had was from scar tissue building up on it. Not sayin that's what to do, but that was my experience.

• FOG
          FOG commented
          Editing a comment
          I've had good luck with roller balls to relieve soreness but that may not work on a pulled muscle.

Ran the ol' Powerline a couple times yesterday. Been awhile, and I could feel it.

Got cool news yesterday, my Marine will be running a trail half marathon with me in Colorado this summer! I'm stoked!

Comment

• FOG
          FOG commented
          Editing a comment
          I gave your post a full like therefore you should do the full marathon!

• Hi-Point Bobby
          Hi-Point Bobby commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s awesome. What elevation?

• Tedkennedy
          Tedkennedy commented
          Editing a comment
          They don’t have a full marathon! Elevation 7300- 8900 if I recall.

These nagging injuries have kept me from my workouts for the last couple weeks. Between a high hamstring issue and knee issue (different leg), I haven't been running for a while. I have the Lead Farm RnG coming up this weekend and I hope I can at least make it around the trail without a walker or cane. Maybe we could start a division for old broken down fat guys, must have cane or walker.

Comment

• Tedkennedy
          Tedkennedy commented
          Editing a comment
          I think someone already suggested that.

• Lurker66
          Lurker66 commented
          Editing a comment
          Last winter at Pawnee I used a walking stick.

But I understand injuries, just got a steroid shot in my lower back yesterday, feels good today.

Pwrline x 2 again. Felt great outside yesterday!

Comment

Working...
        X