• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phil Hensch

Click image for larger version

Name:	8D7BA035-80BB-47EA-9F8D-B7F05A8BC305.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	92108Click image for larger version  Name:	63B1EBC1-F8B9-4AE4-B87C-DE0DD5126402.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	300.1 KB ID:	92107 Very bad news - Dan's dad passed away last week.
    Y'all probably have met Phil at the Run N Guns, he never missed one. He was an RO, and he ran the 10k as well. He was a great guy, great dad, and he will be sorely missed. After being diagnosed with cancer a few years ago, he decided to fight. And man, did he ever. He continued to be very active, and most folks didn't even know he was sick. Truly a tough, tough guy.

A memorial service will be held for Phil Wednesday, 11/21 at 1PM -

Stillwater Bible Church
    7617 W 6th Ave
    Stillwater OK 74074

RIP Phil.

Last edited by Lurker66; 11-14-2018, 08:40 AM.

I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences to Dan, the family, and friends.
    If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month. -- Theodore Roosevelt

[A]ll the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no." — Rorschach, Watchmen

If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. -- Red Adair

She was no cook--she was an arsonist. -- Alfred Hitchcock

Comment

Very saddened by this news. Mr Hensch was great patriot and a good man. I wished we had more like him. Condolences to the Hensch family.

Comment

Daniel, I’m thinking about ya, I’m sorry.
        “I will not comply”

Comment

So sorry for your loss, Daniel.

Prayers for the family.
          " most of the people you come across are good people. Those others are why you have a .45 and a shotgun. " Wyatt Earp

Comment

Condolences Hensch and all who knew him!
            If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may know peace.
            Thomas Paine 1776

You have me confused with a man that puts up with women's shit!

Comment

Amazing that he still did run and guns and never complained or even mentioned what he was going through. Prayers for you Daniel.

Comment

• Lurker66
                Lurker66 commented
                Editing a comment
                Absolutely amazing.

Thoughts and prayers for all.

Comment

Thanks y'all. He was tough alright... four months ago he finished the 5K at the Summer RnG in weather that made lots of others quit, and finished the10K last January. He finished Pecos in 106 degree weather last year. Once he was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer a little over 2 years ago, our family made the most of the time we had and filled it with great memories with him. We skied Aspen, fished Destin, hiked Hawaii, and went on many other smaller vacations. Hell, we were on vacation in Arkansas when the cancer finally grew into his spine and paralyzed him 2 weeks before he died. None of us have any regrets about any of it.

If you ever get discouraged about the RnG, just remember... a 68 y.o. man who was ate up with lung cancer did it. Cowboy tf up.
                Last edited by henschman; 11-15-2018, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Lurker66
                  Lurker66 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Man yer right, he’s a measuring stick and a great inspiration. We’ll miss him.

• Matt in TN
                  Matt in TN commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well done, sir. I hope when it's my time, my family does the same for me.

But I am still very sorry for your loss.

Daniel I am very sorry to hear this. Phil was a nice a man a person could ever meet. I only spoke to him a few times but every time he made me feel welcome. He seemed to always be wearing a smile even when the weather was miserable.

You and and your family will be in our prayers.

Comment

Dammit. I just saw this thread.

I'm so glad he decided to fight and got to spend a lot of quality time with his family. I loved hearing about the Run n' Guns that he and Daniel shared together.

My heart goes out to you and yours Daniel.

Comment

Just saw this. Continued prayers for yall.

Comment

Working...
                    X