Which handgun for the Run & Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which handgun for the Run & Gun

Which handgun do you use for the Run and Gun? Do you plan on changing in the future?

Stiker Fired Pistol
    68.42%
    Single Action Only
    10.53%
    SA/DA
    15.79%
    Double Action Only
    0%
    Revolver
    5.26%

I used a Smith and Wesson M&P 40 for the first two I went to. I then switched to a full size HK USP in 40 for the last one. I prefer shooting the USP over the M&P. I am seriously thinking about doing this winter with 1911 just to say I did.

Comment

I just use my old G17. Factory night sights and a ghost 3.5 connector. I've used it in classes and matches for years.
      No frills, but it seems to get the job done. No plans to change.

Comment

1911 last January

Plans for this coming January

" most of the people you come across are good people. Those others are why you have a .45 and a shotgun. " Wyatt Earp

Comment

I plan on using my M&P 45 since the only other pistols I have are my cowboy revolvers. I am not ready to go full cowboy at the run and gun, sorry TR.

Comment

• turkeyrun
            turkeyrun commented
            Editing a comment
            Great! I get 1st place in cowboy class. Or would that be last place? Now I'm confused.

My dream RnG is a o3a3 and a 1917 Smith .45acp revolver.

AR and a Sig m11a1 is my go to.

The Garand challenge will be fun, a milsurp would be fun and a Flintlock muzzleloader challenge would be a blast.

But to stay trained up and serious, ARs and hi cap semi pistols will always dominate.
          “I will not comply”

Comment

Glock and no plans/need to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker66 View Post
              ARs and hi cap semi pistols
              = speed & accuracy.

Sticking with my Sig P226 TacOps for that reason, and I seem to be more accurate with it than any other of my pistols. (Might be that I shoot it more too)
              I have never expected God to do anything for me. He has never let me down.

Comment

Also, what caliber?

In January, stage 1, that #$%^^ tree got me, because the flipper would recoil back around, but it 4 times with .45ACP ball, emptied mag, had to reload, timed out with 1 target left. Thought the rules explanation before RnG, said flapper had to go around. RO said it had to flip and stay. Doesn't matter, RO is in charge. 9mm would have been an advantage, I believe.

Rant over, but curious to caliber choices? Ball ammo or ?????
                " most of the people you come across are good people. Those others are why you have a .45 and a shotgun. " Wyatt Earp

Comment

Used my brand spanking new M&P 2.0 this summer and I was pleased. The 17 rd capacity was helpful on stage 2.

I will be running the same in January for sure.

Comment

CZ P-09 add saftey to make it SA. 19+1 rounds of 147 grain to make sure the tree flips. Works like a charm. I ran pistol in stage one and did well, got 5th place. I did however Fire 4 rounds into the chest to confirm I made my 3 hits which slowed me down a bit. 1 shot the hostage target. Got 2nd place in stage 2. CZ's are crazy accurate and the trigger from the factory is awesome. My P-07 and P-09 are fully Cajunized and only trigger better is a 1911

Comment

• 120 Acres
                      120 Acres commented
                      Editing a comment
                      CZ was the best trigger I have have pulled.

Originally posted by Jwryan84 View Post
                    My P-07 and P-09 are fully Cajunized and only trigger better is a 1911
                    Is that some kind of Creole Voodoo where you rub mudbug juice on the moving parts?

Comment

• turkeyrun
                      turkeyrun commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey, this ain't the gutter

• Jwryan84
                      Jwryan84 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Cajun Gun Works, check it out.

Glock 17 with a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro red dot sight. It is submersible and waterproof (ask me how I know).

Comment

Originally posted by Jwryan84 View Post
                      CZ P-09 add saftey to make it SA. 19+1 rounds of 147 grain to make sure the tree flips. Works like a charm. I ran pistol in stage one and did well, got 5th place. I did however Fire 4 rounds into the chest to confirm I made my 3 hits which slowed me down a bit. 1 shot the hostage target. Got 2nd place in stage 2. CZ's are crazy accurate and the trigger from the factory is awesome. My P-07 and P-09 are fully Cajunized and only trigger better is a 1911
                      Had my eye on the new CZ P-10...bought the only thing that might sway me from Glock. My first pistol was a 75. I have an affection for those pistols.

Comment

Auto Ordinance 1911 .45acp with Wilson 10rd mags. Hasnt failed me yet.

Also .45acp all the way. Hearing 230gr of lead smash those metal plates is just reassuring.

eta: have had my eye on an mp 2.0 45acp after shooting sunshines new one. But just dont wanna give up the 1911
                        Last edited by Eyecyou; 08-01-2017, 08:15 PM.
                        "The only difference between me and that old preacher is that he worked for God, and I *am* God!" MC Billy Sunday

Comment

Working...
                        X