No announcement yet.

I love Oklahoma because......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget Bugtussle. And only in Oklahoma can you go though Bowlegs to get to Beaver.
    If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month. -- Theodore Roosevelt

There's hardly anything some big ol' melons can't make better. -- Tedkennedy

If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. -- Red Adair

She was no cook--she was an arsonist. -- Alfred Hitchcock

Comment

When I was born in Oklahoma in the early 60’s, I was the 5th living generation alive. I had one great great grandmother born in 1885 in I.T. and a great grandmother born in Brushound Texas who came across the Red River when she was a young girl. To say my roots run deep would be an understatement. Life was tough back then and I think folks went through a natural weeding process that took out a lot of the weak. I like to think it gave us a lot of folks with back bone and I respect that. I’ve been all over the southern U.S. and there are some nice places, but they aren’t Oklahoma.

Comment

One side of my ancestors came from Illinois/Michigan area to Kansas then about 1870 to I.T. Oklahoma, Other side from Germany n Tennessee to Arkansas then I.T. Oklahoma in 1890’s.

Both sides was too poor to leave during the 20’s. Moms side lived on allotment land in Pott county near where I landed.

Dads side was dirt poor sharecroppers, cotton pickers, migrant pickers, squatters, criminals n general low life’s.
      Live, Love and Laugh...

Comment

Born and raised here, more than likely die here.
        I've lived other places but I always knew I was coming back here.
        It suits me and I'm suited to it.
        "Shoot low men, they're riding Shetlands." Jack Latimer.

If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box.” Frederick Douglass

The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.

Men fight for freedom, then they begin to accumulate laws to take it away from themselves.

Comment

https://youtu.be/ov4epAJRPMw

Comment

Working...
          X