Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this Normal for a Diesel Mechanic Shop?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this Normal for a Diesel Mechanic Shop?

Dieselwrench Seen this at the diesel mechanic shop next door at lunch and just wondering if this is normal.

Depends on what's "lit up" in the shop. And if it's supposed to be, or not.

If there's no lights and sirens within 20 minutes, or so, things are likely fine.
    “All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.” - Thomas Jefferson
    NRA Life Member http://www.nra.org
    Ride Em' Cowboys! -- Oklahoma State #1

Comment

Originally posted by mtnboomer View Post
      Depends on what's "lit up" in the shop. And if it's supposed to be, or not.

If there's no lights and sirens within 20 minutes, or so, things are likely fine.
      Pretty sure it wasn't suppose to be lit up and I watched smoke like this for at least 5 minutes before I walked away.

Comment

Too much transmission fluid in the diesel tank.
        Or maybe the hickory was a little too green for the smoker.

Comment

I started a truck one time in front off our shop on Reno. It took a long time to get it started but when it did start I fogged all four lanes of Reno bad enough that cars were turning on their headlights at 1:00 on the afternoon. The engine had blown the tip off any injector and was dumping fuel into a cylinder.

Comment

That pic isn't too out of the ordinary. Way too much fuel and not enough air will smoke like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dieselwrench View Post
              That pic isn't too out of the ordinary. Way too much fuel and not enough air will smoke like that.
              Turbo came apart and way pumping engine oil in the intake. Turbo run away. Don't know if they got it put out before the engine cratered.

Comment

• Dieselwrench
                Dieselwrench commented
                Editing a comment
                That'll do it too. The pic looked like kinda gray smoke. Burning oil is usually bluish and burning coolant is white.

New Pope's ready.
              If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month. -- Theodore Roosevelt

There's hardly anything some big ol' melons can't make better. -- Tedkennedy

If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. -- Red Adair

Comment

• SimSim
                SimSim commented
                Editing a comment
                Hahahaha
            Working...
            X